Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cruising Facebook, I saw a few of my friends' rescue stories on Petdinder.com A few years ago, I was on Petfinder and they had a contest for a Bissell Spot Machine. I submitted a story about my dad's dog, Ruthie.. I found her a few years before on Petfinder and drove to Jeffersonville/Louisville to meet her. Fast forward a few years. My dad was a diabetic and normally kept good watch over his blood sugar. I lived with my parents and Ruthie came into my room and woke me and was pretty insistent that I get up. I kept trying to tell her to go back to bed, but she nudged and nudged until I woke up enough to hear my mom talking loudly to my dad. His blood sugar had dropped very low and was having some sort of spell. Paramedics were called and my dad was rushed to the hospital. After I submitted the story to Petfinder, I was contacted by someone who wanted to put Ruthie's story in a book about rescued dogs. Needless to say, Ruthie became famous in a book. But, I didn't win the spot mahine.



via Facebook http://ift.tt/1sKnIMw

No comments: